To apply please send your resume to Apply@lightstar.com and include the position in the subject line.
Founded in 2019, Lightstar Renewables (Lightstar), is paving the way for a cleaner energy future. We’re on a mission to provide local solar for the land, and the community. As a community solar developer, this means we use environmentally sound best practices, aiming to leave the soil and local ecology better than we found it while investing in long-term partnerships with our land owners. Lightstar is committed to being stewards of the land – leveraging the clean energy transition for preservation and conservation of resources is at the heart of what we do.
Lightstar Renewables (LSR) has an immediate opening for a Development Manager to support the ongoing development of our community solar portfolio across the United States.
This role is tasked with overseeing day-to-day project duties, including all paperwork/filings, contracts, agreements, managing external project consultants, coordinating with other teams and project budgets. The primary focus will be to support the Development Team by leading the development of selected projects. Daily activities will include but not be limited to project support, strategic research, and analysis. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position. Attention to detail, presentation skills, creativity, ability to balance multiple ongoing projects at various stages, flexibility in a fast-paced environment and thoroughness are crucial attributes for being successful in this position.
This role will be 100% remote, but may require in person meetings from time to time. As LSR continues to grow, opportunities to develop unique skills will be available as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Manage and support the development of a portfolio of solar PV opportunities in current and new markets.
- Negotiate contracts, agreements, and other project development documents with outside parties.
- Supervise/manage external analysts assigned to projects within your portfolio.
- Represent LSR within the development team, including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, consultants, landowners, permitting authorities, and customers. managing all outside parties to achieve favorable results for projects under development.
- Utilize our project management, document control, and Management Information Systems to control and report on project progress.
- Responsible for driving project timelines and costs.
- Become familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirements, and milestones, and monitoring project progress against those requirements.
- Implement document control procedures.
- Research market trends and strategy.
- Provide quantitative analytical support for crucial project development decisions.
- Collaborate/coordinate with other teams at LSR.
- Prepare internal and external documents and presentations.
Compensation and benefits:
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, Lightstar is proud to offer our competitive compensation and benefit package:
- Salary – Competitive salary, Annual Discretionary Bonus
- PTO – 20 days annually (+1 day/ anniversary year, Maximum 25)
- Unlimited sick time
- 2022 Holidays – 15 days
- Benefits – 100% employer-paid premiums for Health Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- 401k – 3.5% employer match
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years of development experience.
- Self-starter that can pick-up projects and activities quickly.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Familiarity with general project finance underwriting principles.
- Must be able to perform site visits using best judgement to follow CDC Covid-19 safe practice guidelines.
- Some familiarity with state solar policies and incentive programs.
- Familiarity with permitting processes.
- Prior experience developing Distributed Generation Projects (3MWdc +) a plus.
- Basic technical understanding of Solar PV/electrical grid infrastructure. Familiarity or prior experience working with electric utilities a plus.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, detail-oriented.
- A great attitude and the ability to be flexible, able to think creatively to help streamline operations.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the US.
We’re Committed to Diversity:
Lightstar is committed to creating a welcoming environment that continually celebrates the diverse community different individuals cultivate at our company. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we pledge that all are welcome at Lightstar. Lightstar does not discriminate against current or potential employees based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, medical history, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.